Thursday, July 26, 2012

Success

I possess the greatest power ever bestowed on mankind, the power of choice. Today, I choose to persist without exception. No longer will I live in a dimension of distraction, my focus blown hither and yon like a leaf on a blustery day. I know the outcome I desire. I hold fast to my dreams. I stay the course. I do not quit.

To achieve the results I desire, it is not even necessary that I enjoy the process. It is only necessary that I continue the process with my eyes focused on the outcome. An athlete does not enjoy the pain of training; an athlete enjoys the results of having trained.

A sailor who fearfully watches stormy seas lash his vessel will always steer an unproductive course. But a wise and experienced captain keeps his eye firmly fixed upon the lighthouse. He knows that by guiding his ship to a specific point, the time spent in discomfort is lessened. And by keeping his eye on the light, there never exists one second of discouragement. My light, My harbor, My future is within sight !

I will persist without exception. I am a person of Great Faith.

In Jeremiah, my Creator declares, “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” From this day forward, I will claim faith in the certainty of my future. Too much of my life has been spent doubting my beliefs and believing my doubts. No More! I have faith in my future. I do not look left or right. I look forward. I can only persist.

For me, faith will always be a sounder guide than reason because reason can only go so far- faith has no limits. I will expect miracles in my life because faith produces them everyday. I will believe in the future that I do not see. That is faith. And the reward of this faith is to see the future that I believe.

I will continue despite exhaustion. I focus on results. I am a person of great faith.

I will persist without exception.


~ Andy Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment